12/06/2009

People : Seejay Lewis

Seejay Lewis is an aspiring American Broadway actor. The handsome fucker gets Snapped, talks all about life on the stage... and his strange fear of sneezing?

Hello SeeJay, nice to meet you. How are you? Hi! I'm good, a little tired and my sleep schedule is a little messed up. But I'm good!

Ah, sorry to hear that. You're an inspiring actor, right? Yes I am, a musical theatre performer. I hope to be either part of a Broadway Cast or a Broadway tour. As long as I'm performing onstage for people I'm happy.

How is the journey to Broadway going? Hit any bumps or crossroads? Well as of now I'm only in college, community theatre and local productions. No Broadway path yet. I'm still in school working on my major (Musical Theatre), and training so I can prepare myself for bigger and better things. I still have a lot to learn, but I am definitely confident in my vocal and acting abilities and think I have what it takes to make it. I have a different look, meaning I look younger than I am, so I can play more youthful and fun roles. But it will be harder for me to get cast in an adult part. So that can be pretty hard, but there are plenty of shows out there I know I could do. Like Spring Awakening, or even Spelling Bee.

Every actor has an ideal role they'd like to take on. What's yours? Gah! That's so hard, I mean there are at least ten I can think of. Angel in RENT, Seymour in Little Shop of Horrors, Toby in Sweeney Todd, but if I had to say one...Ernst in Spring Awakening!

Do you have a favourite actor yourself? Well I absolutely love Alice Ripley and Sutton Foster. They are both so amazing in everything they do. At the same time I hate them for the same reason! Ha ha. And Cheyenne Jackson. Love him!

And actresses? Give us your favourite typical movie star. I love Angelina Jolie and Kate Winslet. I think they are fantastic in everything.

Do you ever worry, if you were to become overly successful, that their type of fame and attention would change you? No, because I know I won't achieve that type of fame. I'm not looking for fame. I'm looking to perform and give people a good performance. That type of fame doesn't really exist in theatre.

It can do sometimes though, can't it? Especially amongst the industry. Do you think it can overshadow your profession? No, I don't believe so. If anything, I'd like it to help me get an opportunity to play more roles and have roles created for me. There would be nothing better than performing a part written FOR YOU

What’s your biggest fear? Getting my throat slit. Funny one: sneezing in front of people! It’s embarrassing and scary.

If you were to wake up one morning and you had a mouth on your chest, what would you do? HAHA! Scream, then put a band-aid on it

Name you're top 3 ticklish spots. Inner thigh, ribs, sternum!

Have you been in love before? Yes, twice. Right now actually. His name is Marcos, I saw him play The Cat In The Hat in Seussical, and I knew I had to have him.

Words: Alexendra Ellison
Photo: Snapuup!

No comments:

Post a Comment